Contest Closed. Watch this space for announcement on the winners.
Prizes to be won
- 2-page feature in a Lonely Planet Magazine India September issue
- 3/4 days trip with the Lonely Planet Magazine India team
- Second, Third and Fourth Place Entries
- A StrayDog featured travel package for two by Travelyaari to any one location as mentioned here
Check out our Sample Travel Bites entry – Backpacking into the unknown
Contest Terms and Conditions:
- Last date of submitting entries is 31st July, 2015.
- You have to be an Indian citizen and 18 years and above to be eligible to participate
- Each participant is allowed to submit only a single entry for each unique holiday. Multiple entries are allowed so long as each entry is for a different holiday.
- Each entry must include a narration of the holiday (max word limit of 200) and photos (5 max).
- All content must be original and should not be copied. By making an entry, the participant certifies that the content posted is original and indemnifies Bennett Coleman & Company Limited (“BCCL”), Travelyaari and Lonely Planet Magazine India from any claims made by any third party at a later date.
- By making an entry, the participant declares that all content provided by him/her for this contest is original and has the explicit approvals from all individuals featured or mentioned in the entry.
- Submission of content which has been published on the participant’s blog/website is not permitted.
- BCCL reserves the rights to use the material submitted by participants without the prior consent of the participant or of any other party.
- The decisions of choosing the winners will be by a jury selected by BCCL and their decisions will be final.
- Lonely Planet Magazine India reserves the right to change the month of publication of the winning issue at its discretion.
- Travelyaari reserves the right to change, alter and modify the contents of the travel package or the package itself.
- Travel packages for the winners will be valid for a period of one year from the date of announcement of the winners.
- Selected winners need to intimate Travelyaari of their proposed dates of travel at least 2 months prior to travel date.
- Travelyaari reserves the right to offer another travel date to a winner without assigning any reason.
- Each package will offer accommodation to the winner and his/her partner on a twin-sharing basis.
- Expenses of personal nature including tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor and others are not included in the package.
- In the event the winner selected resides outside of India, the winner must make his/her own arrangments to travel from their location to either Mumbai or Delhi and BCCL, Travelyaari or Lonely Pnaet Magazine India will not bear the cost of such travel
- Participation in the contest implies full acceptance of the rules of the competition.
- BCCL reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the contest or its terms and conditions.
- The employees of BCCL, Travelyaari and Lonely Planet India Magazine are not eligible to participate in this contest.